Journal prompts ~ for cultivating gratitude
"Stay in the centre and notice each moment with calm serenity."
There's a beautiful teaching in yoga called Santosha which is translated to mean contentment.. I see a direct link between contentment and gratitude.. which comes first for you?
If you are looking for some inspiration into the yogic teachings check out this little book "The Yamas and Niyamas by Deborah Adele she writes...
Santosha invites us into the heart of contentment by taking refuge in a calm centre, opening our hearts into gratitude, and practising the paradox of "not seeking".
- What do you notice in your body when you contemplate the things you are grateful for in your life?
- What facial expression do you associate with contentment?
- Is there someone you could share your gratitude with?
- Could you anonymously thank someone you are grateful for? What does it feel like not to be acknowledged for thanking them?
- Can we be content even when things aren't going so well? Without bypassing our emotions?
Happy journaling, please share any reflections as you wish x